Cinnamon Toasted Almonds
Makes 8 Servings
6 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups almonds
1 tbsp of stevia
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Soak almonds for 6-8 hours.
2. Mix vanilla, egg and almonds.
3. In a separate bowl combine the stevia, salt and cinnamon; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
4. Spread evenly into a baking sheet, coated lightly with oil. Bake at 300 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes or until almonds are crisp, stirring once.
Crunchy Nut Butter Stuffed Apple
1 apple, halved and cored with a teaspoon
2 teaspoons all-natural crunchy peanut butter
Stuff cored apple halves with peanut butter, piece back together for on-the-go transport.
Chocolate Puffed Wheat Squares
7 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
8 cups puffed wheat cereal
1. Butter a 9X13″ baking pan.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the honey, brown sugar, cocoa and butter and stir until combined and butter is melted.
3. In a large greased bowl, measure out the puffed wheat cereal.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture over the puffed wheat and stir until it’s all coated.
5. Pour into the buttered pan and using a wet hand, pat the puffed wheat down firmly in the pan. Let cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.
Chocolate Chickpea Cake
Makes 6 Servings
1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
3 tbsp baking powder
175 grams (6 oz) special dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Only melt half for to have chocolate chunks in your cake.
3. Mix ingredients together and pour into a greased, 9” round pan.
Bake at for 25-30 minutes.
Coconut Fried Plantains
Makes 1 Serving
1 small plantain
1 tsp coconut oil
½ tsp salt
1 tsp sweetener of choice
Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Spread the coconut oil to cover the bottom of the pan and place 1 cm thick slices of plantains on the bottom; fry each side for 4 minutes. Sprinkle salt and sweetener on top to serve.
High Protein Jell-O
Makes 1 Servings
1 package sugar-free Jell-O
1 scoop protein powder (any flavour to match Jell-O)
1. Mix 1 cup boiling water with the Jell-O powder
2. Stir in one scoop of the protein powder until dissolved.
3. Once that’s finished, mix in one cup of cold water and allow to set.