Got fancy in the kitchen today. I was editing some of the clean eating recipes I invented and use for creating meal plans and stumbled upon this recipe that I saved and had yet to experience. It turned out delicious and am sharing its success with ya’ll now 🙂 If you haven’t read my Credentials post, please do and keep me in mind if you need new recipes, exercises or if a lifestyle change is in your future and you need a training or meal plan! Email moi at firstname.lastname@example.org as far as meal plans go, here’s my fee list:
$45 Relaxed Prep.: 1-day plan to follow 5 days of the week, weekends “off”
$55 Semi-relaxed Prep.: 2-day plan to alternate for 6 days of the week, 1 day “off”
$75 Serious: 6 day meal plan, everyday different with recipes
Now for the title… Paleo Fish Bites! 3 cans of salmon or tuna (or a combo of both)
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
1/4 c + 1/2 c almond or coconut flour
1/2 c shredded coconut
1/2 c coconut/olive oil or lard/tallow
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a food processor combine 1/4 c almond flour, 1/2 c shredded coconut and some salt/pepper. Pulse a few times till the shredded coconut becomes crumb-size. Set aside on a plate. This is the coating.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the fish, 1/2 c almond flour, onion & garlic powders, eggs, and some salt/pepper. Mix it with your hands until everything has been incorporated. Then mould into nuggets.
3. In a sauté pan, melt the coconut oil or your fat of choice over medium heat.
4. Take about 2 tablespoons worth of the fish mixture and roll into the shape of a ball. Drop it into the almond/coconut mixture, make sure it’s completely coated.
5. Repeat with the rest of the fish mixture. Place in the sauté pan and cook on each side until browned, about 2 mins each side. 6. Enjoy! I mix up some mustard and honey to make honey mustard as a drizzle.