Here’s what went down…
Makes 24 Servings
1 Serving = Cal 109 Pro 9.7 Carb 8.3 (2F) Fat 4
822g Extra lean ground beef (Sobeys)
1 package (454g) baby carrots
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp each salt and pepper
4 tbsp zesty Italian dressing
3/4 cup egg whites
700g compliments tomato & herb pasta sauce (balance)
1. Preheat oven to 390. Using a food processor, chop up carrots and mushrooms.
2. Over a skillet, soften carrot and mushroom mixture for about 5-7 minutes.
3. Mix everything together in a large bowl.
4. Spray muffin tins with oil and use a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop each serving.
Right now I’m making a pork, mushroom, onion, whatever vegetable was in my fridge, Shepards Pie… I have yet to write down macros and save the recipe, I will try it first haha.
And earlier this week I ate leftover from previous weeks meal prep. that I pulled out of the freezer, such as:
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Chili
Makes 10 1 3/4 cup Servings (use x-large Crockpot)
1 Serving = Cal 266 Pro 31 Carb 31 (8F) Fat 2.4
5 garlic cloves, chopped
3 medium onions (2 cups), chopped
4 large carrots (3 cups), chopped
2 cups celery, chopped
19 oz cans Unico (No Frills) black beans, drained & rinsed
19 oz cans Unico (No Frills) kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1/4 cup original Frank’s red hot sauce
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
28 oz can diced plum tomatoes
2 lbs (900g) chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
1. Preheat large skillet on medium and spray with cooking spray. Add garlic, onions, carrots and celery and saute for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large crockpot.
2. Add remaining ingredients to the crock pot, except chicken. Mix to combine. Add chicken breasts and make them sink in and be covered with the rest of ingredients. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours. Remove chicken breasts, shred with 2 forks and return to the crock pot. If have time, let the chili cook another 30 minutes.